Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Risky business!!!

Have I told you lately that I... (reminds you of the song, right?)... have recently moved to greener pastures. "Recent" is arbitrary because my last post enthused some years ago. In that respect, my movements are recent.
Anyway, I'm in the risky business these days! Did you know that recent studies show that Cyber Security in Computing Clouds could result in 50% loss of data. What!!!??? FIFTY freakin' PERCENT? Yeah, I'd had the same surprise. But, it's true. You should read some reports being carried out by the who's who of the Consulting world.
Imagine, you type your name, and half of it goes missing. "Jack" would become "Ja" and "John" would be "Jo". What would "Peter" be; "Pe", or "Pet"? Trusting computer algos, lord knows. Then there would be the Y2F (for you slow morbid creatures of the heaven, thats the "Year to Forget")
What would be fun is when half your password is accepted as the "true" one... that would be the day. My suggestion, ensure that you keep your passwords of even number of characters to avoid confusion.
Clouds are round the corner, for sure. Personally, I have nothing against them. But would I share my data with you? Naa, not really! Improve the methods, and I am game. Google, watch out. I'm on the pry.

No comments: